Gordon & Gotch Australia
eCommerce store for GGA
Gordon & Gotch Australia (GGA) is the largest independent distributor and wholesaler of print material in Australia. GGA approach ITworx to assist them in creating an eCommerce store that would allow GGA to sell merchandise to their existing retailer customers. As they already had DNN infrastructure in place, they wanted a vendor that understood DNN and that had experience with a Microsoft .NET based environment. Along with the new eCommerce store we were also asked to assist in a general design refresh of the existing GGA web presence.
The requirements by GGA were specific and tailored as this was not a typical eCommerce store selling direct to retail. The store had to:
- integrate with GGA’s existing ERP,
- provide a customised purchasing workflow unique to GGA,
- allow invited retailer customers to connect via a single sign-on process,
- only allow a invited retailer customers, and
- have a compelling and fresh design atypical to common B2B eCommerce implementations.
Understanding that a robust and flexible solution was required, we proposed an implementation that took advantage of the premier DNN eCommerce platform, Hotcakes Commerce (HCC). The flexibility of HCC meant that we were able to customise various aspects of the platform to provide an eCommerce store that satisfied the complex and unique requirements of GGA.
Our solution provided GGA with the following benefits:
- an easy to use eCommerce presence for their retailer customers
- an ordering workflow that automated the management of stock levels thus reducing the need for manual labour
- real-time stock availability so that GGA had peace of mind knowing they are only selling what is available in their warehouse
- a store that has all the common eCommerce functionality expected from a modern day consumer
- a flexible platform that in future can scale and can be enhanced with more functionality
- mobile optimised.